Chapter Job Listings
Historic Bethlehem Museum & Sites
Director of Development
Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites is seeking a Director of Development. The non-profit organization shares Bethlehem’s rich heritage with the public. The organization cares for 20 historic sites, including two National Historic Landmarks and provides public offerings through museum visits, walking and custom tours year-round, and special events. Historic Moravian Bethlehem has been designated as a National Historic Landmark District and been placed on the US Tentative List for eventual nomination to UNESCO World Heritage List.
The Development Director is responsible for developing and implementing donor development strategies to increase membership, annual gifts, capital campaign gifts, endowment gifts, and currently our 275th anniversary campaign. The position works closely with the President and Vice President along with the Board of Directors to increase the base of support and cultivate an active pool of current and new donor prospects.
The individual will be required to work some nights and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all strategies and activities for donor cultivation, solicitation, and relations including membership renewals and lapsed membership appeals
- Researches and contacts new or potential corporate, foundation, and individual donors
- Maintains contact with and writes donation proposals for individuals, foundations, corporations
- Solicits and closes gifts in support of the museum’s and historic sites unrestricted funds, as well as programmatic funding.
- Works with the Vice President and President to recruit top-level business and community leaders to serve as co-chairs, honorees, and committee members.
- Serves as primary staff liaison for the 275th Campaign and Development Committee
- Assumes responsibility for all development reports to the Managing Director/Vice President via Raiser’s Edge
- Creates office systems to support all Development projects and operations while managing the integrity of the database
- Manages donor, gift record-keeping and implements a Moves Management system at HBMS
- Manages the pledge reminder and acknowledgement programs with the database coordinator
- Attends community events related to donor cultivation and participating in outreach activities and performances outside regular business hours
- Must be available to assist in any other capacity as assigned including special events and special event preparation
- Bachelor’s Degree; CFRE highly desirable
- Three-five years of experience in development
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members;
- Knowledge of ticketing/registration/and donor software; Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- An understanding of budgeting principles;
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Necessity to work with high level of integrity and flexibility to enhance donor satisfaction
- Ability to work on a variety of projects simultaneously is essential
- Demonstrated attention to detail required
Reports to Vice President and Managing Director