AFP Eastern PA Awards
Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy
This award is presented to an individual or group who has:
- Initiated and/or been involved with a philanthropic activity.
- Invested volunteer hours on a fundraising project to benefit a specific cause
Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser
This award recognizes an individual or couple who:
- Demonstrates exceptional volunteer leadership skills in coordinating and motivating other volunteers for major fundraising projects.
- Exemplifies specific commitment to the advancement of philanthropy.
This award recognizes the corporation or business that:
- Demonstrates outstanding commitment to philanthropy through charitable support in the community.
- Encourages leadership in the community.
- Demonstrates specific examples of charitable support to the nominating organizations and community.
This award shares similar criteria with the Outstanding Corporation Award but recognizes the unique contributions of the foundation itself. Public and private foundations are eligible. Nominations should emphasize:
- Importance of the foundation’s contribution to the nominating organization.
- Significance of participation in the nominating organization’s mission and effort.
Outstanding Fundraising Executive
This award recognizes the fundraising professional who:
- Practices the profession in an exemplary manner (ethical practice, leadership, creativity and strong involvement in the advancement of the profession).
- Demonstrates strong professional background and experience (professional credentials).
- Exemplifies the professional standards set by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), is involved in AFP activities and is currently active in the field.
This award is presented to an individual or family who:
- Demonstrates exceptional generosity through direct charitable support to the nominating organization or the community with specific, identifiable results.
- Demonstrates civic and charitable responsibility.
- Offers a model of generosity that encourages others toward philanthropy and community involvement.
This award is presented to a fundraising professional with five or fewer years paid experience who exemplifies professionalism and creativity, has documented success in fundraising and a commitment to professional development. The nominee must be a current AFP member.
Special Project of the Year
This award is presented to an organization that implemented a special event, marketing campaign, capital campaign, and/or social media project that demonstrates non-profit excellence. The judges will select three finalists and the public will determine the winner based on the results of an online voting campaign. The winner of this award will be announced at the National Philanthropy Day awards ceremony. The Special Project of the Year should:
- Raise community awareness of the organization and advance its mission.
- Play a key role in raising funds for the organization.